This Year Goals - 2019
Whenever a year begins, I try to get a little specific on my goals. From qualitative areas such as knowledge and happiness to more abstract ones such as career and personal development.
Well, last year was weird
The first thing I have to do is to assess the failures and successes of the previous year. I have categorized my 2018 goal-tracking system by: “Achieved”, “Tried” and “Didn’t even tried”. This allows me to know how
lazy reluctant I am toward specific tasks and get to know myself. Let’s begin.
Okay, so the last year I probably achieved major progress on my personal and professional life-goals. A listing would be clearer:
- Quitted smoking: This will be the top one as by September of 2017 I were smoking one pack of cigarettes a day. And not good cigarettes, I couldn’t afford them so I was smoking pirate ones from outside the Metro stations here in Mexico City. A total disgrace if you ask me. Anyhow, I am now free. In fact it wasn’t that hard, actually I literally forgot about smoking. Pretty weird.
May my intentions of going to the gym, learn french, learn russian,
finally understand calculus and getting back to playing piano rest in peace, I tried but oh captain, my captain, forgive me for I am lazy as a frog.
Not even tried
First of all, judging me based on goals I was lazy enough to don’t even try at all makes you a very rude person. Said that, follow me through my biggest failures:
- Clean my room (I am deeply sorry about this, mom).
- Clean my external backup drive.
anything for the love of godsomething.
- Speak at more meetups.
- Build something myself.
- Fix my bycicle.
- Fix my home’s WiFi network (full-fledged contradiction here, I know).
- Drink a bigger amount of water.
- Quit social media.
- Drink more water.
- Quit, at least, facebook.
- Drink some water.
- Why do I even have a Pinterest?
- Quit RedBull as my primary hidration source.
Checkpoint, keep working
So now you probably understand a little bit of myself: I am a normal being with simple goals. Even with my daily routine, I should be able to complete all of my goals if I really put the work into.
So, I will be coming back to this post in December, and look at how well I performed.
And here they are
My goals, for this 2019 are:
- Read everyday.
- Drink water every chance I can.
- Keep up with the smoke-free environment.
- Write, at least, 2 posts on this blog every month.
- Attend all my classes.
- Eat healthier.
- Enjoy simpler things.
- Be happy.
Each year this list keeps me up from doing stupid stuff. As you can see, I’ve made my list a little simpler this year, and the reason behind is that I actually want to accomplish all of this. For real. So I will try. Maybe I will fail, but at least I will try, that’s all that matters.
If you feel like something’s missing, you’d like to discuss this article or got any comments and/or feedback, you can find me on Twitter as @humbertowoody.